Saturday, December 22, 2007

Misc. Ramblings on Sports, Politics and Las Vegas

Even though Ricky Hatton was knocked out by Floyd Mayweather he proved that he was a warrior. Most fighters run from Mayweather, Ricky didn't. Hatton should drop back down to 140 sometime in 2008 and reclaim a title.

The "experts" said that Brett Favre should retire and all he's done is come out this year and lead the Packers to a 11-2 record, a division championship and a first-round bye in the playoffs. If the Cowboys should lose one more game and the Packers win out they would hold home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. As usual the "experts" are wrong.

Tom Tancredo has dropped out of the Republican presidential race and has endorsed Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney!? Tancredo is being credited with making illegal immigration an issue in the presidential debates, but in regards to foreign policy and tax issues he towed the party line. Maybe he is hoping that Romney will make him his VP although that seems unlikely seeing that Romney secretly supports amnesty. Personally, I support Ron Paul. Paul has been criticized for not being tough enough on illegal immigration even though he is against birth-right citizenship. I will continue to support Paul and if he does not win the Republican nomination than I will simply not vote in 2008.

Recently I received word that there was a Jena-6 style beat-down of a White student by six black students here in Las Vegas at Escobedo Middle School. I called and talked to Principal Powers and she informed me that my information was wrong and that a Hispanic boy was beat up by a black boy. I was not satisfied with our conversation so I called the Clark County School District Police Department and talked to their Public Affairs Officer Lt. Yung. I left several messages for him and finally after 2 weeks he called me back and left a message. He said that they had no such information and to call the school as they might have handled it internally. Isn't that the job of the Police to call the school and see if these accusations are true? Isn't it the job of the school to report incidents like these to the proper authorities? I guess the safety of our children is not a priority of the Police anymore, maybe they are too busy giving motorists speeding tickets instead of protecting the community? These accusations might be false, but why would someone makes this stuff up and tell me about it? It's not uncommon for violence to happen at Clark County schools. Just last week there was a shooting at a bus stop that had racial overtones when a gang of blacks shot at a gang of Hispanics. I guess blacks and Latinos have brought there L.A. race-war to Las Vegas. This is not the first time an incident like this has happened at a bus stop here in Las Vegas.

Several months back there was a White student that was beat up by a black student for no reason other than to videotape the assault and put it on youtube. The crime was committed right in the classroom after the teacher had walked out. Why did the teacher walk out and leave the class unattended? If I were the parents of the boy I would sue the teacher and the school district. I would definitely want the attacker to be criminally prosecuted so he can't attack anyone else again. If you know of any incidents at our public schools that might interest me, please e-mail me at howardinlasvegas@gmail.com.








No comments: